Now Released and Ready For Service – Download plug & presets from here:
HYDi is in the process of a major update, has been for a couple months now actually. New features already implemented thusfar include:
Just a sneek peek of how she look’s so far:
(Subject to change – version22.214.171.124)
13 April 2013. (Version 126.96.36.199)
- MEFX – MEFX(Micro Effex) section introduced(advanced panel).
- MEFX – Added PanDa(Pan – dual automation) – Modulates from an internal LFO (5x Shapes) and the Sequencer, amount of modulation can also be controlled dynamically via – Velocity or DCA, DCF, ADSR, AD envelope. Note: Sequencer follows seq-keyboard-split modes – when active.
- MEFX – Added Gremlin – A special arrangement of 3 Banpass Filters, driven by a warped LFO, that steps or glides between 4 sets of formant-like arrangements.It’s very thin, resonant, and screechy – and most probably drunk.
- DCE1&2 – Digi Hell – better ‘feel’ of above slider.
- Generators 1,2,3 – Added ADSR,DCA,DCF as Amplitude Modulation Sources.
- DCA – Changed Exp mode to Variable Curve knob – left = inverted Exp – Centre = No Change – Left = Exp. Note: This effects the whole envelope, so with exponential attack and Curve at ~9 o’clock – the envelope
becomes linear – this makes sense – used in conjuction with Amplitude Modulation of Generators 1-3 – as the envelopes are in series.
- DCE1&2 – Dual Delay – Removed Auto Pan Function.
- DCE1&2 – Dual Delay – Added Dynamic Mixing via envelopes, ADSR, AD, DCA or DCF. Useful for Gating/Ducking.
- DCE1&2 – Digi Hell – Added Dynamic Mixing via envelopes, ADSR, AD, DCA or DCF.
- DCE1&2 – Mod Reverb – Added Dynamic Mixing via envelopes, ADSR, AD, DCA or DCF.
- DCE2 – ZM Reverb – Added Dynamic Mixing via envelopes, ADSR, AD, DCA or DCF.
- Overall – Unison Mode – Added ‘Unison Semitone Adjust’ – 2nd voice can be transposed (seperate Generator & DCF may follow), useful for wideband signals & simple chords.
- MEFX – Added ShifterDL – 1x simple micro-pitch shifter + forward delay + feedback delay with a Higshelf Cut filter in the feedback path + level & Pan.
- DCE1&2 – Removed Resonator3 – hard to work with DCE1&2′s mixer.
- DCE1&2 – Added Dual Shifter – 2x simple micro-pitch shifters + forward delays + levels & pans.
- MEFX – Added Resonator3 – (same as previous DCEs model – slightly tweaked) – Added DCA,DCF and Pitch as extra Level modulation sources.
- MEFX – Added FSU2 – more gritty digital effects – 7x selectable modes: Splicer, Squarer, Sine, Ring Up, Switch Down, Fold Back, Phase Distort. Variable HighShelf filter. Dynamic mixing via envelopes – ADSR,AD,DCA or DCF.
11 March 2013.
- DCF – Changed resonance knob-curve for better “feel”
- DCF - Completely re-coded 12dB LP B (self-oscillates)
- DCF – Completely re-coded 24dB LP B
- DCF – Fixed incorrect 2nd-voice gain with 6dB LP
- DCF – Added 4 more modes – BP/BP (parralel), BR-BR, LP 12dB C, HP 24dB.
- DCF – All dual filters -> LP-LP, LP-BR, BP-LP, BP/BP, BR-BR -> now have dual control(advanced) i.e. – seperate octave and resonance. Note: second(smaller) octave knob is 4octaves above or below the main octave knob. Modulation(LFO,Envelope,Sequencer) can be unlinked and substituted for other modulation sources, options for LFO -> LFO1, LFO2,LFO3, options for Envelopes -> DCF,DCA,ADSR,AD, and seperate variable SEQ knob. Note: Velocity is still followed when used.
- Sequencer - Fixed bug that caused some downstream processes to not “sleep” properly.
- Sequencer - Disables itself when not used as a modulation parameter – (saves CPU).
- Generator1&2 – Added Pulse-Width Triangle.
- Generator1 – Redesigned X-mix – X-mix output and Gen1&2 outputs can now be freely mixed, in version 1.2 this was not possible. X-mix also now works with a single slider.
- Generator2 – Added FSS(Frequency Shifted Sub) – it synthesizes a -1oct sub-generator from generator2′s waveshape.
- Overall – Redesigned internal mixer – since HYDi now has 7 simultaneosly available sources – 4x harmonicly related,
2x Inharmonic, 1x Transient.
- LFOs – Recoded Rnd Wave – much smoother now.
- LFOs – Less CPU.
30 January 2013.
- Overall – Removed V2flip switch (main pane)
- Overall – Improved “Random”
- Overall – Various small CPU improvements
- Overall – Added Main Tone EQ – Variable HP + Variable LoCut/Hicut (post Synthesizer – pre DCE 1&2).
- Generator3 – Added Reso1 & Reso2 Waveforms – to AUX
- Generator3 – Added Ringmod between Gen2 & Gen3.
- Generator3 – Ringmod HP filter frequency (advanced)
- AD envelope – Added Alternative curve switch
- AD envelope – Added Hold(delay) while DCA envelope is in attack stage
- DCF envelope – Added Alternative curve switch For Filter envelope
- DCF envelope – Added Hold(delay) while DCA envelope is in attack stage
- DCF envelope – Faster minimum attack time
- ADSR envelope – Added Alternative curve switch
- DCA envelope – Added Keytracking for Decay and Release Times (advanced).
- DCA envelope – 4x Different selectable attack curves – original curve was linear-attack
- Sequencer – Added per-step psuedo random with 4x Distribution Laws
- Sequencer – Removed Dual Mode
- Sequencer – Added Keyboard-Split with ‘Above/Below’ Law(advanced) – ‘Above’ Truth Table:
+1 +2 +3 +4 -> +0 +0 +0 +0
+1 +2 +3 +4 -> -1 -2 -3 -4
+1 +2 +3 +4 -> +4 +3 +2 +1
+1 +2 +3 +4 -> -4 -3 -2 -1 Quirk – When a note is random – it is unaffected.
- LFOs – Removed “Contol” and its modulator “From”
- LFOs – Added SEQ as modulation source for LFO1&2 Rate
- LFOs – Added Rate multiply by 10 (advanced)
- LFOs – Fixed Incorrect Rate(s) with certain shapes
- LFOs – switches off when fully left
- Click Generator – One-Shot clicks/Noise generator – 11x types (in DCA pane)
- Click Generator – fully left equals off.
- DCA – Added Velocity sensitivity switch
- DCA – Added DCA Location – Pre or Post Filter Options – was previously Pre.
- DCF – Added 95% and 105% Tracking Ranges for more subtle variations
- DCF – More Resonance for certain modes
- DCF – Changed Filter ‘Seq On’ button to variable 0% – 200% knob.
- DCE1&2 – SSB Shifter – Added Key-Tracking for shift and envelope amount(bipolar), Selectable envelope ranges max is now 500Hz(was 10Hz), DCA, DCF and ALL – added as envelope sources. Automatible Parameters.
- DCE1&2 – Transgate – Now Sharper minimum Contour.
And there is still a couple of things to come.
Note if you’ve made a song with HYDi featuring somewhere- we would love to hear it! Just leave a comment!
If you really like or really hate HYDi or you’re really bored. Please consider to review HYDi – over at KVR. It helps users make informed decisions, and feedback is always good.
She is here, made with more heart than technology…